- Havelock, R. G. & Zlotolow, S. (1995). The change agent’s guide (2nd ed.). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications.
- Overcoming Poverty Together: The New Brunswick Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation (2010). (Sue contributed to context and plan) http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/esic/pdf/Booklet-e.pdf; Summary of document: http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/departments/esic/pdf/plan-e.pdf.
- Rickards, S. (2010). Making the tent bigger. In Social economy Stories. http://www.ccednet-rcdec.ca/files/ccednet/SEStories_Feb2010_Sue_Rickards.pdf
- Rickards, S. (2001). Play from your strengths: The Eco-Ventures Program at Nackawic High is firing energy, creativity, & hope down New Brunswick’s back roads. Canadian Centre for Community Renewal, Port Alberni, BC. http://www.communityrenewal.ca/play-your-strengths
- S. Rickards & F. Landry (2007). Blueprint for Action: Building a foundation for self-sufficiency: The Report of the Premier’s Task Force on the Community Non-Profit Sector. http://gnb.ca/cnb/promos/nptf/index-e.asp. ("The report resulted in government recognition of the crucial role that non-profit organizations play in ensuring the economic and social inclusion of New Brunswick’s most vulnerable citizens.")
- Whitmore, E., Wilson, M.G. & Calhoun, A. (eds). (2011). Activism that works. Black Point, NS: Fernwood Publishing.