- Catano, J., Christiansen-Ruffman, L., Lord, S. & Manicom, A. (2004). Good policy, good health: A kit for women in coastal communities. Nova Scotia Women’s FishNet. (2nd ed.). CRIAW-Nova Scotia. [http://www.hpclearinghouse.ca/downloads/FishNet2004_1.pdf]
- Lord, S. (2009). The politics and processes of social assistance gender regime shift in Nova Scotia: From voluntary ‘rehabilitation’ to compulsory ‘employability’, 1980-2001. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Carleton University, Canada.
- Lord, S., with Ross, R. & Hunter, S. (2007). Framework for a poverty reduction strategy for Nova Scotia. (2nd ed.) Nova Scotia Poverty Reduction Strategy Coalition (now Community Coalition to End Poverty in Nova Scotia). [http://www.cahhalifax.org/DOCS/prsframework2007.pdf]
- Lord, S. & Martell, A. (2004). Building transitions to good jobs for low-income women. Halifax: Nova Scotia Advisory Council on the Status of Women. [http://women.gov.ns.ca/assets/files/Publications/Transitionsemployment_full.pdf]
- Lord, S. & Neumann, B. (eds). (2000). A Woman’s work is never done: Can policy value caregiving? [http://women.gov.ns.ca/assets/files/A%20Woman%27s%20Work%20is%20Never%20Done_2000.pdf]
- Pahlke, A., Lord, S. & Christiansen-Ruffman, L. (2001). Women’s health and wellbeing in six Nova Scotia fishing communities. Halifax: CRIAW-Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Women’s FishNet. [http://www.acewh.dal.ca/eng/reports/Fishnet%20Finalreport.pdf]